Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Been a While...

I suck at updating. But, I'm sure you all know that by now since there hasn't been a new post on here for over a month.  Anyway, I'll try to be a little better about it.
Right now is a crazy time around the apartment, and around Athens in general. It's the dreaded finals week. Since I decided not to take any classes this semester, I am not a part of this frenzy that's going on, but everyone around me is. Jonathan, although he technically only has one final and a final project, is still going through his usual "finals mood". They're pretty much like any pregnant woman's mood swings. He's hot then he's cold, he's sad then he's excited, he's sleepy then he's hyped up on caffeine, but most of all, he's been whining like a 2 year-old. "Kelly, I just can't study when the apartment is dirty, can you straighten up?." "Kel, don't fuss at me, I'm really stressed right now." "Babe, I am so sleepy I just need 5 more minutessssssss." Haha, okay okay, enough making fun of him. I totally understand the stress he's going through, and I don't mind all the stuff that comes with that. I am so proud of him for working so hard in school! He's worked his butt off for the past three years to get the grades he's gotten and I think that takes mad skills. It's so crazy to think that in just one short year, he'll be going to law school and depending on where he gets in/decides to go, we'll possibly be moving to another state. It's makes me a little nervous and a little excited all at the same time. But that's a post for another day :) So for the past month I've been working as a people greeter at Sam's Club here in Athens. It's a fairly easy job, somewhat boring sometimes, but that's to be expected when you stand at a door all day. I'm not really liking the always changing days and hours, but I guess that's why they hired me, because I'm available whenever. Other than paying the bills, this job has also done something else. It's really motivated me to start taking classes again. I didn't take any this semester because I was just feeling really burnt out and I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere near my goal. Which is another problem: I wasn't entirely sure what my goal was. I was just taking classes just because I felt like I should. As of right now, I still don't know exactly what I want to do, but that's okay. I still have a little time to figure it out. But I've decided that I'm going to start taking classes again this fall, and possibly a summer session in July. We've really enjoyed the money that this job at Sam's has been bringing in, but I feel that finishing school and getting a degree is so worth being a little broke right now. We are super blessed that as a part of Jonathan's job we don't have to pay for rent or most utilities. And luckily, he'll be keeping that job throughout this next year, so as long as I can find some tiny part-time job, I'll be able to quit Sam's at the end of this summer to go back to school. I'm in the beginnings of the interview process for a nanny job two days a week starting in July, so cross your fingers for me! Something else that will be happening this summer is that we will be moving! Across the street :) One of Jonathan's co-workers is graduating this weekend, so Jonathan will be taking over as Resident Manager for his area. The apartment is a little nicer than ours. The kitchen is bigger and open to the living room, no cinder block walls, and central heating/air. It's just a little more homey than our jail-cell. :) But all kidding aside, this apartment has been great. I can't believe we've lived here for almost a year. Actually, I can't believe that we've been married for almost a year. Although we've had some crazy times during this past year ((mental breakdowns, being homesick, married arguments, sharing issues)) we've had some really great times and met some really great people. I'm so glad I finally got to move here and actually stuck around even though back in the first couple of months I used to tell Jonathan daily that I wanted to go back home to my mommy :) I was so nervous when I first moved here that I wouldn't make any friends. I was so worried about it, I was close to sneaking to Ellaville in the middle of the night and kidnapping Callie to bring her back here. :) Although I miss my family and friends back home a lot, I've made really good friends here. Mainly one named Shannon, a.k.a. Shanna. :) Although there's been some rough patches, she has been a really good friend to both Jonathan and I this past year.  ((Breaking down in South Georgia, late night McDonald's runs, wal-mart shopping at midnight, going 70 in a 45 zone, playing Harry Potter while Jonathan drew up the papers, Tanger outlet shopping not once but twice, Montreat, St. Simons, meeting little brother Jesse who taught us how not to kill our fish when we leave wal-mart, New Moon premier, couch sleepovers, babysitting our "Godchild", smuggling our "Godchild" across the parking lot, blue toilet water, Jonathan running after her screaming "Don't leave Shanna the party's not over yet!, Little Caesar's, blanket stealing, Botanical garden pictures, awkward FGH events, finding old McDonalds wrappers in Craiglist chairs))  I am sure going to miss her when she moves in June :( But I am super proud of her for moving to Southern Alabama to do Teach For America! And I am t-totally looking forward to my November trip there to watch the Harry Potter premier with her :) I've met some other awesome people this past year: Whitney, Natalie, Molly, Kathryn, Dylan, Renee, little Eliza,  Donna, Damien, Claudia, and many more. I can't wait to see what (or who!) this next year has in store for us! If you're still reading, thanks for listening to my rambling :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow this so totally sounded like you are either dying or its the end of the year and you wont see your friends all summer and your signing their yearbook. and no mention of monk? what? no no

Post a Comment